Thursday, January 27, 2011

story

I thought in the beginning the story about recruitment would be easy since I had already talked ot so many girls involved, but when I told them I was doing this for a class they no longer wanted to have their names used. Instead of so much going with numbers being low with recruitment, I took a differerent lead with why so many girls were deactivating or de-pledging.
I contacted Carol Preston the current Director of Greek Life right away, but after a few days of no response I contacted Casey Stevens. Casey got back to me right away and was very happy to meet with me. Still no response from Carol I asked Casey if she could get Carol involved with our meeting. Luckily, Casey was a great help as was Carol when I finally met with her. I guess trying to meet with the Director of Greek Life during recruitment was a bad idea!

1 comment:

  1. I'm interested to read your final story! I know that the main reasons why some girls deactivate from my sorority is due to money reasons. Being in a sorority is extremely expensive, and I know first hand that you have to fully love and be dedicated to your sorority to want to spend that kind of money every semester.

    ReplyDelete